Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dinner Party Adventures

16th September, had a couple parties to attend. One was my malay foster families place, where we had delicious home cooked food, the food was cooked for an army. They had cooked some of my favorite foods, one dish was the laksa lemak with a spin, basically it had assam in it. I got to the house and I was put to work immediately to cut laksa leaves for the garnishings. Lucky I arrived late, if not, hahaha I would have had to work more for my meal. Oh also there was my favorite chicken curry!!! Yum look at these pics.

Other dishes included, rendang, samosa's, mini curry puffs, sambal salad, noodles, and roti. Adding to that there was a never ending supply of home made sambale belachan ... yum yum yum. Check the spread out!

Pleasuarable and insatiable, I heard Mommy stayed up for 2 nights cooking up a storm for the birthday party. There of course were lots of deserts, including bo bo cha cha and of course lovely yummy awfully chocolate cake each for the birthday boy and girl. Check out this spread man!

Next stop was a house warming that I went to at Telok Kurau, nothing fantastic, but it was catered by Liang Food Services, which I was told on 17 Sept, is supposedly pretty good, however I felt that the food was lacking. Perhaps it was the choice of food. There was pasta, and some chinese dishes, don't think I saw the rice. I found the sauces for everything a bit too sweet, and perhaps the food wasn't as good, because I got there late. One thing I disagree with is keeping pasta on a burner plate as the pasta will start to dry up. Here's some pics, but honestly I wouldn't recommend catering from these people, also please avoid CDCS/CDIS (dun really remember) caterers, they're really not good at all, although they are big and owned by a mnc, but the food is usually very lacking, you can try some of there food out at Lavendar, Immigration Authority of Singapore.

3 comments:

Dracoholic said...

Ahhhh ... the laksa was laksa sarawak and the roti that I like is roti kirai

Satellite said...

i want to try the laksa sarawak. i wonder if there's any stalls in singapore that sell it.

Jian said...

I also never eat Sarawak Laksa before.

According to trusty Wikipedia:
Sarawak laksa comes from the town of Kuching in the Malaysian state Sarawak, on the island of Borneo. It has a base of sambal belacan, sour tamarind, garlic, lemon grass and coconut milk, topped with beansprouts, omelette strips, chicken strips, prawns, fresh coriander and optionally lime.

According to a posting on Makansutra Forums:
There used to be a stall on the second level of China Square FC but dunno whether its still around.
Sarawak laksa is more spicy and robust in flavour with brownish gravy and has less coconut milk than the common laksa.