Mmmm yummy Jian and Satellite made some roasted veg and cabonara the other night ... somewhere last week I think! But there was a twist to it ... so I guess someone else can write up the recipe for the Carbonara.
Here's some beautiful pics for ya.
Here's Lynx beautiful platter of food that she made somewhere last week as well! Yes it was another party we had.
Jian's Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
Carbonara for 5:
- Boiled Spaghetti (I used macaroni cuz we didn't have spaghetti)
- Chopped Garlic
- 4 Whole Eggs Beaten
- 15 rashers of Bacon (I used a mixture of Proscuitto and smokey bacon)
- Half Glass White Wine
- 3 Tablespoons of Cream (Traditional carbonara does not use cream though)
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Chopped Parsley (Optional)
In a pot, heat olive oil and fry garlic and bacon together until garlic browns and bacon fat has been released. Deglaze the pot with white wine to liberate the flavours stuck at the bottom of the pot. Add cream, black pepper and some pasta water until sauce is reduced.
Add chopped parsley (for colour), grated parmasan and pasta into pot. Toss until pasta is hot, add beaten eggs and turn off heat immediately. Mix well, the beaten egg will cook in the remaining heat. Add salt to taste.
Plate and serve warm topped with more parmesan.