last night was another binge night for eve and i. we dined at nanbantei japanese rstaurant at FEP. specialising in yakitori (japanese charcoal grill), this cosy little eatery provided a fun and novel dining experience for me. and you get to sit at the bar and watch the chef in action. we ordered a huge spread for juz the two of us - assorted sashimi platter, garlic rice, cucumber/wakame seaweed in vinegar sauce, grilled teriyaki codfish, cold tofu salad and various grilled yakitori sticks. we had -
- asparagus maki (asparagus wrapped with pork)
- tsukune (minced chicken balls)
- okura maki (ladyfingers wrapped with pork)
- gyu yaki (beef steak)
- mini tomato maki (mini tomatoes wrapped with bacon)
- shishito (grilled eggplant wrapped in shiso leaves)
- nikuzume shiitake (stuffed shiitake mushrooms)
- nasu ohba maki (i forgot wot this is, too many items!)
- yasai sticks (grilled japanese green peppers)
we took only a few shots, as there were simply too many items to take.
assorted sashimi platter
mini tomatoes wrapped with bacon
grilled eggplants wrapped with shiso leaves
and i finally got to try nigori sake for the first time. it's a coarse-filtered sake which looks cloudy and is unlike any other sakes i've had. creamy and sweet, i must say it took a bit of getting used to, but turned out yummy and lush once i got the hang of it.