Friday, December 08, 2006

I like Mexican

Yay! Got to eat Mexican food at Cafe Iguana.

So I met Pixie, Draco and Satellite there and they were already drinking Lime Margaritas and eating Tortilla chips with spicy chipotle salsa ($4.99) and guacamole(additional $1.99)! I like tortilla with guacamole. Nice to eat. Chipotle is a funny word. You say chi-POHT-ley, not chi-POH-tl (as in bottle).

Earlier on, they ordered and finished some Mini Chimichangas (Fried flour tortillas filled with Cheese and choice of Chicken or Beef), so I didn't get to eat any.

Quesadillas with Cheese and Poblano Chiles
I ordered the Quesadillas with Cheese and Poblano Chillies filling ($6.99).

Flank Steak Fajitas
And the Flank Steak Fajitas ($18.99) - sliced steak, fried onions, roasted jalapeno and lime wedge on a hot plate, served with sour cream, chopped tomato salsa, guacamole, and a few sheets of tortilla for you to roll yourself.

The food was quite delicious to me because I guess I like Mexican flavours - nice, tangy, spicy flavours. And lots of different dips and condiments. Cafe Iguana also provides 2 bottles of Hot sauce - Cholula hot sauce which is red, and a green one which I don't know the name of. I liked them both.

The Lime Margarita jugs were a steal at $17.99 (Happy Hour price). But everytime I come here for margaritas, I can't drink a lot cuz of the taste and sweetness of the lime cordial. It's nice actually, but you can get abit tired of it after a while. They also have fruit magaritas (strawberry, mango) at the same price! But if you like your drinks strong, stick to the lime margaritas. I know cuz I used to sit at the bar.

No comments: