Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Saso Rosso Italian Restaurant

When I was up in Kuala Lumpur for my roadshow, I took my client to Saso Rosso Italian Restaurant which was recommended by the concierge at the Hotel Imperial - the old Sheraton.

As usual I was super hungry and over ordered again!

9 Lorong Yap Kwan Seng50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603 21 666 428Fax: 603 21 666 429

Tuna Carpaccio
Clams soup in white wine and garlic bread
Sri Lanka live crab penne with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil leaves and prawns bisque
600gr of imported T-bone steak, fiorentina style- with 15 years Modena balsamic vinegar
Mash Potatoes and sautéed spinach

The Tuna Carpaccio was surprising ... as both my client and I thought that the Tuna had become salmon... on top of that, I wasn't impressed with it cause it wasn't the traditional carpaccio I am used to as it was a smoked tuna. It also came with these big tomatoes. Oh yah, and the smoked tuna was way too salty.


The Clam Soup was delicious ... especially when we dipped the nice thin bread that they provide in their bread basket!

Yes, and yet again, I forgot to take pics because of my hunger!

Crab penne wasn't impressive at all ... the prawn bisque completely killed the taste of the crab and it seemed as though many spices were missing from the pasta itself... a bit bland for our taste. We obviously didn't finish the pasta. At least the penne was al dente!

Florentine was delicious and big. We finished it!

For the side dish of spinach, we found it strange that they would use local spinach, furthermore it was way too salty.

Apparently the owner heard me complaining about the spinach came over and spoke to me for a bit then offered us his own personal stash of lemoncello! That was delicious! Ha ha ha I'm such an alcoholic. But I actually told him his crab penne was a failure to my taste buds.

The ambience of the place is nice and romantic though! Would I go back? Probably just to see if there are any improvements.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog

Anonymous said...

Occasionally, you see the written content, very good, I like!
Personalized signatures:金游棋牌,唐人游,游戏茶苑,本地棋牌游戏中心,南通棋牌游戏中心,常州棋牌游戏中心

Anonymous said...

On this point, this is your opinion? It appears that we need to communicate!