Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thai Village Sharksfin Restaurant @ Goodwood



I heard lots about Thai Village Sharksfin Restaurant and had high expectations for the place... especially since Satellite said it was good ... hmmm but that was in 2007...



Only good thing is probably the Sharksfin - for those who like super duper thick sharksfin ... go for it ... but I don't think I've had any sharksfin in Singapore that can beat the quality one can find in Hong Kong ... or even the one my Mom cooks! Yummy!!!!



Anyway ... I don't think anyone was really impressed with the food ... they have this Abalone rice thing ... which costs a ridiculous $28 per serving ... 1) you ruin the taste of the abalone .. but of course they were using the cheaper abalone ... 2) I can get mui fan anywhere else with abalone mushroom and I'd be happier ... Mui Fan, the asian equivalent to Risotto.
The cod fish in black sauce ... horrible ... the sauce is so thick that you can't taste the cod at all ... I think this is supposedly their Baked Thai Style Cod Fish ... totally fail lor!
Hmm I didn't try the crabs that night ... I only had the opportunity to peel them for everyone since I just finished my operation ... didn't want to promote infection ya know! The most tortureous part of the night ... see crab, peel crab ... dun get to eat crab! hahahahah....


Oh, we did order vegetables, but really there was no point in taking pictures of it ... as you'd be disappointed also ... the veg was old ... not nice tasting ... asked them to take it back and give us some other more "young" veggies but to no avail ... it was just as old tasting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???

Anonymous said...

Not long ago, I have thought about something like that, but I did not realize you are so deep, it seems that I need to continuously strengthen the learning!