Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bahrs Landing Seafood Restaurant and Marina

Address: 2 Bay Avenue Highlands/Sandy Hook, New Jersey

Tel: 732-872-1245

This summer I got a chance to go back to the Jersey Shore (Joyzee Shaw). They've made major changes to the place since I was younger. We all have memories of the fun yet boring times we had at the shore. Back in the days, most of the Jersey Shore was scary looking... you still get a feel of that if you do drive by The Hood!

I used to love the shore because I would have buckets of steamers, clams on the half shell and freid clam strips! Of course there was the cold pizza we would eat as well!

Well I had the opportunity to relive my childhood feasting days at Bahrs Landing Seafood Restaurant and Marina. It's a great dinner spot and the place has been there since 1917. They have their own private lable of chowder, tobasco sauce and salt I think! For 85 years Bahr's has been the centerpiece of Sandy Hook.

Of course we had the chowder! New England Clam Chowder ... I love the stuff! But no matter what I still think Jay's Diner up in Rochester serves one of the meanest Chowders in the Tri-State Area.

New England Style Clam Chowder (White) Cup $4.50


Steamers - Purified Maine Softshell Clams served with broth and drawn butter. Market Rate


Fried Calamari - classic lightly breaded tender rings and tentacles served with a zesty marinara sauce. $11.50


Raw Bar Table Trio - Clams, Oysters, and Shrimp Cocktail $25.95


Bahrs Seafood Sampler
A combination of broiled or fried sea scallops, shrimp, fish fillet, & tender fried clam strips
$23.99

No comments: