Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Cancun - All Inclusive

The benefits of an All Inclusive Cancun is that you don't actually have to worry about food. The hotels have at least 3 restaurants you can go to, with probably one of them constantly serving a buffet. You never go hungry! Oh and you also never go thirsty!!! Free flow of beer, wine, champagne, mixed drinks ... anything you can think of.

The only bummer that I ran into in Cancun is that 1) there was no real chinese food (so someone should think of going to start one) and 2) I was extremely disappointed by the fact that these people have no idea how to cook a lobster.

Ah firstly, I will show you pics of the horrible airplane food that I had on United Airlines when I took my International Flight from Singapore to Newark. To add to that, UA is so cheap now a days, that they don't feed you on certain flights, they make you buy your food.... at least the refreshments are still free! Take SQ instead man!


Breakfast on UA ... Horrible tasteless omlette with some mushrooms around ...


Mid flight snack consisting of a yucky sandwhich. Followed by an actually decent chicken meal with some noodles.

Ok I shall not bore you any longer with pictures of airplane food! Ha ha ha here are some pics from Cancun. Oh yah, I went down to The Shrimp Bucket which had pretty good food. Definitely check out Crab House for a nice meal of lots and lots of crabs, and finally you gotta go to Margarittaville ... everyone goes there!

My first meal in Cancun ... Yes I had pizza with sausages ... but the sausages were spiced very nicely ... yummy ... ah yah Mexico has lots of prawns, you'll go crazy eating prawns!!!


After that quick lunch, we went over to Margarittaville for some drinks! Yah yah, I couldn't resist and had to order the Pineapple man!


The scary part was that this was basically only a couple hours after each other, so after Margaritaville, we walked back to the hotel Club House to get ourselves some snacks ... sorry forgot to take pictures of that. I think we all made our own way for dinner that day ... not really sure.

We had a nice fancy dinner with my parents at the western restaurant there. I had my favorite French Onion Soup and a nice Tenderloin Steak!


Next morning, my favorite type of breakfast, buffet all you can eat breakfast, check out the spread man!



Lunch at the shrimp bucket! Delicious Caviche by the way! Yes yes and that's a caesar salad. And they serve you some complimentary prawn broth! Check out the beautiful view too.







Our Crab House Meal ... I didn't take much pictures cause everyone wanted to dig in! We had crabs of course, then some of the meals came with a spaghetti and creamed spinach. Three different types of butter dips, and my caesar salad. This you got to get cause they do it the authentic way, with presentation and all!



Folks, feast your eyes on the in room bar where you can drink all you want and you don't get charged!


Stay at THE ROYAL CANCUN, if you have kids, you can stay at their sister hotel which is just next door, NEW GRAN CARIBE REAL. Really, you shouldn't miss out on this, it's really great and you feel pampered all day; be careful though, you'll definitely gain weight if you're not into water sports and you like to veg out. http://www.realresorts.com.mx/The_Royal_Cancun/

No comments: