Sunday, June 10, 2007

Home Made Burgers

I dunno if dis is a gewd fing, or a waste of time fing... I suppose it depends on who's doin d cookin, rite? Anyways, dat day I attemptd to mek burger patties. Din turn out furry well, fer 2 reasons: One, I was tryin to cut down on our salt intake. Two, I went trigga happi wif d lemon.




Lewks ok, rite? Until yew put it in yer mouf la.... Wot to do? I was at Teban Gardens. Whr mum has expired herbs & nowt much else to season wif.... Ok.. I shooda added salt or fish sauce or sumfing...... Added lemon juice to d veges... if nowt, it wooda bin palatable, at least... And asso.. de burgers weren't so tenda cos I bot whole slabs of meat & chop chop choppd dem... So twasn't as tenda as shood be... But I SWEAR dey smelt nice wen I was fryin dem lei..... SOB





Leek & potato soup. D oni saving grace frem dinna dat nite. BIG SIGH...
Las nite at Jian's house:

Lewkit dis!!! So yummi lewkin!!! I fink twas d best burger I've eva eaten! Is tenda & everyfing! De secret is to nowt press d burgers down whilst yer cookin.. Dat squeezes d juices out! Toppd wif tomato, mushrooms, cheese & onions. Ok, Liberty had ALL SORTS of bread except burger buns, so we bot foccacia bread instead.... I shooda teken a pic of Jian tryin to stuff d burger into his mouf, but my hands were aready derty.

De salad dat Jian dressd... No lemons in sight....
Fried potato wif bacon & ham! Seasond wif rosemary. Yum yum! Wot a sumptious feast!
I will try mekin burgers again next time.... I nowt happi..... Sniffles....
A nice cool Caprioska afta a hard nite's werk. Can't see inside?


Narh. Gif yew see.....

No comments: