Friday, November 26, 2010

Papa Rich


Well, it's decent but I find it costly.

I had the supposed nice to eat Char Kway Teow, however wasn't fascinated by it because it did not have enough "Wok Air". Am wondering if the standard of people's taste buds have dropped or have I just become more and more picky over the years.

Penang Assam Laksa was decent, but unfortunately they forgot to bring out the Har Ko and it would have been better with more mint.

The steamed chicken was nice, however the portion was too small for us hungry pigs. And the bean sprouts wouldn't be anything to rave about.

Another time I did try the Ipoh Hor Fun Soupand I found it pleasant, or perhaps it was a Sunday and I was craving some soupy comfort food... or maybe it is because one can't complain since Papa Rich took over the spot where one of the better Ipoh Hor Fun stalls used to reside at. Oh I miss the Ipoh Hor Fun and the Duck from that old corner store that Papa Rich has replaced.... Wonder if anyone knows where they have relocated.

For my Ipoh Hor Fun fix, I usually go to Funan Weng Ipoh Hor Fun located at Maxwell Road. Their Shui Kow is also very Yee Cheong Yuen Noodle Restaurant that has just gone down the drain with their quality over the years.

All this food talk is making me hungry ... the office is providing us with food today so hooray! And I can't wait for my trip to Malacca, maybe I should go find my camera and charge it so that I can take some pics myself also.

No comments: