Monday, July 11, 2011

Margarita's @ Faber Drive

Forgive this post, as for some reason, we didn't take very clear shots that night. Anyhow, the jist of it:


Chips with Guacamole. NOW... I don't want to be tooting my own horn here, but I can make better guacamole. The reason why I think mine is better is because this guacamole has a bitter taste to it, which I think might be because they did not remove the seeds of the lemon before they blended the guacamole into paste. I was quite disappointed, as i just LOVE guacamole. The chips looked abit over-fried, but perhaps that is the way it is done. Gotta love the cactus margarita glasses though. Waahaahaa. We ordered on-the-rocks as Jian said ice-blended is kind of wasteful as most of it is left stuck in the blender... Suits me, as I was drinking orange juice, which happened to be the only freshly squeezed juice from the menu....



Portabello Mushroom starter with balsamic & garlic dressing. This bigass portabello mushroom was a treat! I didn't touch the garlic & funny brown paste though.



Kitchen sink burrito. It's got Everything but this kitchen sink in it! Meaning, chicken, beef, beans & I forgot what else. Topped with guacamole, salsa & sour cream.



Fajitas with mixed meat (chicken & beef). I picked on a bit of the beef on it's own. Nice.



The skins & condiments to make your own fajitas! The salsa had that bitter didn't-remove-the-lemon-seeds taste as well... Sigh.


Well, the food was good, but the didn't-remove-the-lemon-seeds taste made me feel like we should have gone to Cafe Iguana or Cha Cha Cha instead. I remember the guacamole at Cafe Iguana was heavenly heavenly heavenly! The fajita's were excellent too.... I didn't mention El Patio cos we haven't been there.... YET...

We spent almost $200 for 4 diners for that meal, which included a jug of margarita & a glass of orange juice, but we were stuffed to the gills as the portions were huge.

No comments: